12.10.2005

Coming Clean

So today I was scrubbing some floors and it was so good to be alone. I never thought I would hear myself say that but it was. As most of you know I love to be with other people. The more the better, but today I was feeling a bit different. I was reminded in the midst of my cleaning of an analogy that Caroline Perot had said in Bible study probably two summers ago. How I remember this I will never know but it stuck with me. She said that she was scrubbing her shower and it occured to her that this was what Jesus did for us. He scrubbs us clean over and over again and the dirt builds up and then he repeats the process as many times as necessary.

So as I was thinking of this today I was trying to place the analogy in my own life. So many times there were spots I had to scrub harder than others and there were spots that were pretty easy. There were spots that were evident and then some that I had to mop the floor and let it dry to find them. I feel that is how my life is. God has cleaned all of the areas that are evident, he has cleaned some of those that needed some elbow grease and he has spit shined the easy places too. But there are some that even when the floor gets cleaned there are those that are unnoticed. Now I know as well as the next that God is not just neglecting spots, but maybe it just takes a little bit longer for them to be brought to surface. I was thinking today of what it will be like when we are brought to Glory and then there are absolutely no spots. No hinderences, no dirt, no guilt, no pain, no regret, just you standing before your maker with not a spot on you, deep or otherwise. God is bringing me to a place where my heart is being cleansed. Bringing the worst parts of myself to surface so that they may be revieled. I pray that every last one is brought forth and healed so that I may a pure and holy reflection of Him. To look in the mirror and see nothing but a glorious reflection staring back at me (I'm not takling about looks). But where people look at you and see nothing of yourself, ONLY GOD!!! To be graceful,honest, delightful, forgiving, accepting, having nothing and wanting for nothing yet having everything. Totally satisfied!

1 comment:

meredith said...

well, i scrubbed the shower last night...didnt have such a deep thought train...but this morning reading your thoughts has helped me feel satisfied. completely. thanks ashley!